- great option for students with clear idea of subjects they excel in or want to specifically focus on. This is not possible with the IB, as they have a much broader programme.
- allows access to most prestigious universities worldwide
- students receive certificates in every subject they pass
- grading scale: A* - E. Students that don't reach the minimum will receive a U grade.
40% = E
50% = D
60% = C
70% = B
80% = A
80% across all modules will gain an A*
- Mainly assessed through written examinations at the end of Year 13. Coursework may also contribute towards the final grade depending on the subject.
- If failed, the full exam can be re-taken. Students can't re-take specific modules only.
At the International School of Central Switzerland, we use the Cambridge International Assessment (CIA) board.
We have the benefit of small class sizes, which means we are able to tailor our teaching and learning to our students.
We pride ourselves on preparing our students to be confident communicators who are able to access the English Curriculum. The British Teachers who make up our English department deliver a combination of the skills of Language and of Literature. Our specialist EAL provision is part of the school day as timetabled lessons and we strive to deliver a cohesive approach where language acquisition skills are evident across the subject areas.
Students have many opportunities to mix with other year groups in the school year and all students are part of a linear House Team that includes students from each Year group. We encourage mixed participation through a variety of activities such as Inter-house competitions each half term, after-school clubs & workshops as well as International Sports Fixtures in the local area. Students play sports and socialise at break and lunchtimes. Our ethos is inclusive and family orientated.