- great option for students with clear idea of subjects they excel in or want to specifically focus on. This is not possible with the IB, as they have a much broader programme.
- allows access to most prestigious universities worldwide
- students receive certificates in every subject they pass
- grading scale: A* - E. Students that don't reach the minimum will receive a U grade.
40% = E
50% = D
60% = C
70% = B
80% = A
80% across all modules will gain an A*
- Mainly assessed through written examinations at the end of Year 13. Coursework may also contribute towards the final grade depending on the subject.
- If failed, the full exam can be re-taken. Students can't re-take specific modules only.
At the International School of Central Switzerland, we use the Cambridge International Assessment (CIA) board.